Saturday

Gemini Ascendant - Who Am I ?

"Properly speaking, a man has as many social selves as there are individuals who recognise him and carry an image of him in their mind" - William James

I have just realised something.

I have been trying to find a photo to use on my blogs, as I think it is nice when visiting a blog to see a photo of who is talking, it helps you to connect to them. (Do you share that feeling?)

Well, I sorted out half a dozen photos of me taken recently, some snapped of myself in the mirror (or taken at arms length for just this purpose) and a couple my partner took on a day out.

Then my dilemma began! which one looked most like me!

"Who you are moment to moment is just a story." - Chuck Palahniuk

I could see by comparing a few of them, that if you didn't already know me you wouldn't recognise that they were photos of the same person! I called my patient man in to help - "which looks MOST like me" I wailed! - "They all do" he replied.

Aaagh, back to square one!

Then I started to puzzle, why is this? Is it my Gemini Ascendant at work? Is it the Sun sitting on my Pisces south node today triggering my Neptuneness! (very easy to do!) lol

So my dilemma continued!

When all the photos were on the screen together, I felt a sense of calm but as soon as I isolated one photo and put it on to one of my blogs, I really felt that if that was the only way people saw me, it would be giving a false impression! It is a really strange feeling!

I have been having real trouble with this today! Maybe I will try again another day!

"We are happy when for everything inside us there is a corresponding something outside us." - W.B. Yeats

Have you got a Gemini Ascendant or a strong Neptune, can you identify with these feelings?

Image - Neptune (For absolute certainty doubts me - my reality is subject to change.)

7 comments:

Suz said...

why can't I see all of those photo's? hehe

Susannah said...

Hi Suz - if you did then you would be as confused as I am! lol
Thanks for dropping in. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Susannah,

Just meandered from Julie Domboski's site...I am a Gemini rising, Piscean Sun and now that you mention it, I have this issue with photographs, as well! First of all, I am very critical of my own appearance, but having to choose one photo to represent how I look or how I envision myself is very near to impossible! I suppose if my outer appearance is a reflection of my inner world, it would so make sense that this would be an impossible task! All of the ways that I appear are all of the ways that I am in my "being." Cool!

BTW--I love your site!

Susannah said...

Hi Anonymous - Thanks very much for leaving a comment and letting me know that you identify with my dilemma! :-)

Thanks for your kind words about my site, much appreciated. Please drop in again, it would be good to see you here. :-)

Anonymous said...

i have enjoyed reading thank for sharing your story Greeting.

Misty Day said...

Dear Susannah, yes indeed, I have Gemini Sun rising with a Gemini ascendant and Mercury in Gemini and I can attest that finding a photo that expresses my truth to others is difficult because there is such a variety of images. I fall back on cycling from one to the other depending on how I feel at the time, for Facebook, for instance.

Susannah said...

Hi Misty Day, I am glad you can identify with the dilemma! and cycling through them seems a great solution.

Thanks for visiting, it's great to meet you. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin